Monday, June 17, 2013

Planting a little garden!

My garden
If you've been a follower of mine for long  you saw the garden pictures last year and knew how excited I was for everything to produce things. Well this year, we had planned on a big garden but then Justin went to the hospital for a week and I knew it might be awhile before he could contribute. I went to the store, bought seeds, plastic liners, and soil. I planted my stuff and I can't tell you how excited the girls and I were when stuff started sprouting within days! We've got okra, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, yellow squash, zucchini, spaghtetti squash, strawberries, kale, spinach, chard, sweet corn, carrots, lemon cucumber, cucumber, lettuce, pumpkins, zinnia, and sunflowers. I still have a few more things to plant too! I know that a lot of it will need to either be planted in a bigger planters or in the ground. I'm ok with that but at least I got it all started and happily growing. The girls love helping me water and take care of our little garden. I love showing everyone who comes our garden. I even drag my poor neighbors to check it out. It's so exciting!!
Sky sometimes gets carried away and likes to water her sissy. Crack me up!
I love my helpers. Pai is a HUGE help, she is learning a lot about the whole process. Well, me too.
Sometimes she isn't really the biggest help, but she will be! How could you say no to such a sweet little giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment