Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ringneck snakes and the Blue Hole

Ohhh. She was fascinated.


Paili was feeling braver seeing that Skylar was not being harmed.
Conquering fears is a good thing.
Just watching.
The blue hole.

When I got to my parents to pick up my girls they were out feeding the animals. I watched them from the back deck and saw Paili was carrying around a mason jar. She suddenly started screaming. Dad and the girls had been out looking for ringneck snakes. They'd found a couple and they were in the jar. I told her to stop screaming they weren't going to hurt her. Growing up on the same property that my girls get the privilege of playing on, it was very common for my brother and I to be out looking for snakes and such. Ringneck snakes are my absolute favorite. I went out to show her how not scary they are. I first gave it to Sky. She loved it. She just kept saying, ohhhh and cool. It was so fun to watch her. Paili then decided she could hold it. She ended up loving it. We found a few more and she was loving them. She really wanted to take them home. I told her that her Daddy wouldn't be pleased to have them in our home. I reminded her that she knows how to find them and is able to get one to play with anytime. She had to show my Mom....who is a huge lover of snakes not a fan of snakes. HA!! Poor Mom.

On our way home we stopped so I could show my girls the Blue Hole in Oronogo one more time before it's filled up. This whole ordeal makes me angry and sad. If you'd like to read more about it. Go to this link... http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x325726898/Divers-owners-say-goodbye-to-Big-Blue

Fitness: I got stood up at yoga. My own Dad didn't even show! How sad. I walked instead. I got to chat with my neighbor Heather coming home from night school.

No comments:

Post a Comment