Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sunday's in Indiana are my favorite.

Cousins on the trampoline.
I love this!
These 2 could be twins.
Oh, Jack! I love this guy. He's working on his motorcycle. 
Now he's just showing off. But he did get a little dirt on his finger. No big deal.
Loved seeing them play together.
Precious boys looking for the right pumpkin.
Carly, Holley, and Paili.
Silly girl.
Even Hulk hunts for pumpkins.
Simon was looking for just the right one!
My pretty girl.
2 sweet cousins. 
Talking amongst themselves in the pumpkins.
Part of my family.


Brooke and Ryan.
Ryan and Aubree.
Hubbs family. I am crazy about them.
Cousins! Ryan and myself. He's one of my hero's in real life.
Carly. I love her. Just this picture makes me smile.
Sky was fascinated with this Kleenex holder.
Sky and Aunt Jill
Obviously quite taken with one another.
I hate that this picture is blurry. My Mom talking to Whittney's belly.
The Sharp family. Whittney, Deacon, and Zach.
Sunday we got around and went over to the Kemp household to play. I got to see my Carly and meet her husband (for what they all think was our first meeting) Jack, and her two precious boys Simon and Oliver. Our kids played together like they have all of their lives. My cousin, Holley, came over and we took Paili, Simon and Oliver to the pumpkin patch. My Mom offered to take Sky back to my Grandparents house so that she could get a nap in before the big family gathering that evening. I had so much fun walking around a big field filled with pumpkins with my cousins and the kids. I so loved watching the kids pick the perfect pumpkin. Simon was on the mission of his life to find THE perfect pumpkin. He was very particular.  I loved Oliver getting super distracted by the caterpillar that he found. Carly trying to rescue it and worrying about it being a "stinging" caterpillar. I laughed hysterically at her convinced that it was something my Aunt had told her growing up to keep her from picking up all kinds of treasures while they were trying to get things done. I later found out while we were all together that there really are stinging caterpillars...who knew? My Dad said it, so I know it's true. That poor caterpillar must have flown out of Carly's hands 50 times while we were walking back to the van and every time it happened the two of us trying frantically to find it again. Just thinking about this makes me laugh. We left the pumpkin patch and went to my Grandparents house where I got to see my precious cousin (in law) Tasha and her 4 girls. Those girls are all just gorgeous. My cousin Ryan had been racing so he hadn't joined us yet. I could do a family gathering like this every week. It felt so good to be there. There's something about watching your kids play with your cousins kids that sends you all of these warm fuzzies. Talking with your cousins watching your kids play. I'm telling you. It's priceless. Even when one of the kids comes in frantic while you're having a good conversation with one of your said cousins that your child ate a rock. It was a tiny rock. I wasn't concerned because she wasn't chocking but Tasha (mother of 4) confirmed that I shouldn't  be because...it will come out...eventually! I love that girl! I have so many really great memories with my cousins. And I got to make more memories with a NEW cousin, Jack, that evening dancing in the kitchen. I love him!  Even though I never lived close to them, I always felt so much love when I was with them. A little later my cousin, Whittney showed up with her husband, Zach. What a precious couple. She is pregnant with their first child, Deacon. I feel so sad when I think about all of the kids there that I miss seeing all the time. Who knows when I'll get to see Deacon for the first time. I got to spend some quality time with them watching The Walking Dead and watching a video of the highest free fall. It was crazy! One of the best text's I've ever received in my entire life came from my cousin Ryan after he left. It said, Btw, you look great. So keep it up. I nearly texted back asking Tasha if her phone had died and she had to use Ryans. I knew better but it was so shocking to get an atta girl from him. He's just not a guy who spews forth praise. I knew he meant it and I knew he must really think so to say it. I'm so proud of my family. I love that my girls are finally getting a taste of Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment