Friday, November 9, 2012

We made it to Indiana!

Travelling with a poor sick Paili. She had a fever and nasty cough.
We had beautiful scenery on the way to Indiana!
Trying to get my yahoo's down for the count.
We had planned on leaving Missouri around 8 am but Paili was burning up with a fever so we waited until she was feeling a little more human. My parents rented a car and we got to the car rental place about 12:15...only to find out that they close at 12 on Saturdays. Seriously! My Dad was not in the best of moods to begin with and I was pretty sure he was going to keel over from how stressed he gets. Thankfully, my calm and collected Mom was able to have them open the doors and give us the car. God really knew what He was dong when He put the two of them together. My precious Garmans called when we were maybe 5 minutes out of Joplin and said they meant to give me their iPad to take with us. If  someone had been in better humor, I would have asked him to turn around. The offer of it was enough to make me feel loved. I'll be honest,  I was really dreading Skylar in the car for that long because she is an awful car rider. Sometimes she thinks she isn't going to make it from my house to my parents house, which is all of 7 or 8 minutes. After the first 30 or 45 minutes she really did fantastic. Paili was feeling terrible but of course she did fantastic. I can always count on her to be good. The main thing that made it bearable...the DVD player! We watched so many movies. I am so glad the Blu-Ray movies also have the DVD version in them. We may not have made it without The Lorax. We were stopping for a late lunch at Arbys in Bolivar when my Uncle texted my Dad and said that they were not taking my Grandpa off of the vent. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions! We forged ahead anyways. When we got to my Grandparents house it was really late but there were several cars there. Some of my family wanted to see us so bad that they waited around for us! I was absolutely thrilled to get to hug my cousin Devon, Aunt Jill, Aunt Ellen, Uncle Phillip, Aunt Joy, and Uncle George. Devon has become a father since the last time I had seen him. I loved hearing him talk about his sweet baby boy and watch him interact with my girls. He was smitten and so were they. I was so upset when I realized that I didn't get any pictures of Dev with my girls but I was sure I'd see him Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment