Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Celebrating 11 years with the one I love.

Saturday, the 19th of May, was our 11th wedding anniversary. We took the girls to my parents (Thanks guys!!) and met some friends at the Crowder shooting range in Neosho, Mo. I know that may seem like a silly thing to do on your anniversary but we went shooting all the time before we had kids and I haven't been since we had Paili. We had so much fun. I got to shoot my .22-I love my gun. My Grandpa Hubbs gave it to me. I also got to shoot a Raging Judge-that gun was awesome. I watched Justin and Joe shoot clays. Justin is such a good marksman.  And Joe, well...he tried!
Justin shooting clays.
Joe shooting clays.
I don't think you can see the gun very well-but this is the Raging Judge!

Setting up the targets.
My sweet friend Brooke. I love this girl.

She's got skills! Shooting her .22 pistol. It was fun to shoot!
The Judge shooting the Raging Judge!
I love this man! And his love for guns.
Fun story-I was shooting Justin's 9mm and when the shell ejected it went right down into my bra. I had Joe on one side of me and Justin on the other-poor Joe saw a bit more of me than he wanted to while I was trying to flip the very hot shell out of my bra. I now have a burn on my boob from that darn shell. We were at the range for several hours then we left and decided to get an early dinner since we had gotten some convenience store food on our way. We decided to try Sam's Cellar on the square in Neosho. Their specialty is wood fire pizza. It was yummy. We enjoyed trying a new place.

Happy 11 years to us! We made it-very happily!
Our waitress at Sam's Cellar was Hailey. Hailey was a very sweet girl in her early 20's that is getting married in a few weeks to Nathan. Nathan is in the Army-a Scout Ranger. (I think is what she called him) Justin and I both love our military men and women and ever since one of Justin's best buddies little brothers (and good friend of Justin's) was KIA in Iraq, Justin can't hold himself together when he watches/reads/hears about anything to do with our military. My brave, strong man turned into a waterfall of emotions as she walks away from our table and he whispers to me, that's what Shane was. These moments of his extreme tenderness completely melt my heart and endear him to me all over again. I love his heart. I know that Justin and I will remember this couple as they start their life together in our prayers. After we left there Justin and I went to Macadoodles and grabbed another 6 pack of the beer in the picture above. Angry Orchard-crisp apple. I tasted it and I really dislike the taste of alcohol-it was pretty tasty! We stopped and got a snow cone and washed the car (my request) I know, our romantic day is out of control!
Snow cones!!
Justin and I don't spend a lot of time just the two of us these days and when we go take the opportunity-it doesn't even matter to us what we do. We have fun, we love our time together and we are quite happy just being together. That's why I married him 11 years ago and why I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment