Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day 2012


First off let me say that I totally failed in getting a picture of me and both of my girls on Mothers Day.
We had a great day full of fun and family.Justin's Mom and her husband came over for lunch. Carla brought me some flowers in a cute little holder. I'm so glad they were able to come and join us for the afternoon. They live 3 hours away and it's always nice when they are able to come for an afternoon.
Skylar, Keith, Carla and Paili

 Justin asked what I would like for my special dinner and I requested salmon. It was fantastic. I'm so thankful for him. I am a Mom because he made me one! I was having a very emotional weekend just thinking about all the ways that I am blessed. I can't even tell you all the reasons there are so many. I'm not even going to try to write them all down today because then I'd just be sitting her crying tears of gratitude.
 My parents came over for dinner. I can't even imagine someone else being my Mom. My Mom is really the best ever. She provides such a comfort for me daily while I'm at work just knowing that she is the one taking care of my girls. I know that ALL of their needs are met (as well as quite a few of their wants!) I know they are getting plenty of love and encouragement. I'm so blessed to have such amazing parents. I love how they raised me and I try to raise my girls with the same love and beliefs that I was raised with. Thanks Mom for showing me what it is to be a Mom. Thanks for still sacrificing daily to make my life easier. I love you.
Me and my Momma.

Paili made me this in school and couldn't wait to give it to me.

 Paili and I played Frisbee in the yard while Sky napped. I bathed the dog. (It really needed to be done!) I got an excellent walk in with my buddy Shayla.

I'm so proud of this girl. I've been walking since February 2nd. I started C25K (Couch to 5K program) in March. I asked Shayla if she would like to start walking last Sunday and we started walking together on May 7th. We decided we would weigh on Sundays (ONLY Sundays SHAYLA!!) And take pictures along the way. We weighed last night and took pictures. It was the first time I've weighed for a long time. I know the weight I was last time I was weighed and I know I gained some since then so I can only say for sure that I've lost 15 lbs-but I know its been more than that. Last night, we did some running-she did awesome. I will try to document our journey on here a bit. It's been so nice the last week to have a workout buddy. I met her last fall because her husband was Pailis soccer coach. Her son and Paili go to the same school and her family just recently made the switch to Christs Church of Oronogo. Our kids were placed on the same team again this spring with her husband as their coach. I always knew they live in Alba but I had no idea that they lived just one street over. (.30 miles from my house!!) I love her spirit. I love her heart. God always gives us what we need when we need it. Shayla is evidence of that. Thank you Lord for the people You've placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment