Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Old friend, New home!

My sweet friend, Deborah, standing in the doorway to her NEW HOME!!!
I am so very excited for my friend Deborah, she lost her home in the tornado and was chosen to get a Habitat Home. This girl has plenty of daily challenges as a single Mom to 3 kids. Let alone that all 3 of her children are autistic. I'm so proud of the grace that she faces each day with, sure she has days she'd like to stay under the covers and not come out but she doesn't. She gets up, she loves, she gives, she holds, she is a great Mom. I've known Deborah a very long time. She used to live in the town that my Granny, Aunt Linda and her family live in-Bartlett, KS. When we'd go visit them and be there on a Sunday-I couldn't wait to play with Deborah. As we got older we got to spend more time together when I was there. We'd ride horses, play in the dirt and just have a great time being together. Her family decided to go to Haiti and be missionaries there. She was gone for several years and when they came back to the US to live, they moved to Joplin. She came back into my life and I got to show her around our school-all new to her! We had a great time getting to know one another again. Lots more fun adventures and stories to share at another time. We graduated in 1999 and we got married on the very same day May 19, 2001. Her marriage didn't last but she got her firstborn, Delicia out of the deal. Later she had Timothy and Moira. Her Mom lives with her now to help out. Deborah says that Moira has really just blossomed after the tornado and is doing really well. Timothy is the most severe. Here's a few links to her recent interviews if you're so inclined to take a peek...  Clark Howard and Deborah   KRMG and Deborah 


Showing us around her humble abode.


The church from Mississippi that came to help the first round wrote scriptures on the walls all over her home. LOVE!

The view from her front porch looking back-you can see where the High School was and will be again soon.

Deb, Erin, and ME!
P.S. Deb also makes FABULOUS cookies to help support her family. They really are awesome. All different kinds and she can ship them with  no problem all over the country! You can find her business on Facebook it's called Yummy Goodness. If you can't find it, call me, I'll give you her #!

No comments:

Post a Comment