Friday, May 11, 2012

My niece, Kayga.

Kayla and I on May 3rd, 2012.
This is my one and only niece, Kayla Lynn Monkeybutt. This girl absolutely melts my heart. Since the first time I laid eyes on her, I knew she would have my heart forever. She was less than a year old when I got the privilege to meet her. The title was officially given to me on May 15, 1999. I was in high school and I taught her all kinds of fun things to say and do. I think one of the funniest things that I taught her was to say Ghetto Booty. I laugh just thinking about the time I took teaching her that. She's the grand kid who gave Crappa (my Dad) his name. She was and is one of the most gorgeous little humans I had ever seen. She has these big brown eyes and this HUGE smile that lights up her beautiful face. I fondly recall when she was probably 6 and I was speaking with a Hispanic lady in Spanish and when our conversation was over my sweet niece asks me, "Aunt Mae Mae, were you raised by a nice Mexican family?" Oh this girl. She is so funny. Recently she has cracked us all up with showing her muscles. I cherish any time she wants to spend with me. I know our time is fleeting and before I know it she will have her own family. Time goes so quickly. We all just have to face the facts that our little girl is growing up and is a hotty beautiful girl. My oldest nephew, Kyle, is in the Airforce and it's very hard for him to be so far away when she has so many boys after her. He's gonna need a BIG stick.


Paili, Kayla and Sky after Pailis preschool graduation. June 2011.

This beautiful girls adores her cousins and loves playing and being silly with them. My girls think she is pretty much the coolest girl they've ever seen. (I agree!) I'm so glad they have each other. 
Kayla during a track meet. April 2011.
Does this face not just make you want to hug her?
I'm still taller than she is, although that may not last much longer. But, as Grandma always says, she wears thick socks. She may not be my blood, but she is in my heart and ALWAYS will be. We're coming up on some trying years and I always want her to know she can come to me with anything going on in her life. I want her to know I'm a safe place. I want her to know that I will not always tell her what she wants to hear, but I will always be honest and open with her. My home will always have an open door policy. I will always take her phone call-even at 3:00 in the morning. She has taught me so much in her precious life-I wasn't there when she was born, but I was there when she was born again in Jesus. May your light shine bright as you are going into some very treacherous years. Know that your Aunt loves you very much, that I pray for you all the time. I'm always cheering you on. I can't wait to see how God will use you in high school.   

No comments:

Post a Comment