Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My feet are just heavy.

My exhausted, dirty girl engrossed in The Fresh Beat Band.
Clean! Yes, that's a VHS player there. We recently watched our wedding video on it.
Pai painting a paintbrush at 3rd Thursday
Wednesday didn't really have much to talk about but I did get some really great compliments. A girl that works in the office next to mine, Stacia, asked me when I was walking by if I was still walking at night. I told her that I was. She said I just glow and look great. She's impressed by me. Zelma, another girl that works in the same office as Stacia told me that I am her inspiration. Woah! Never would I have thought I could be someones inspiration. Still kind of blows my mind. Roy, our maintenance man told me the same thing as Zelma. He's been loosing weight too. He said when he saw me losing, he said, "If that girl can do it, so can I!" He then went on to say that I was his inspiration. Amazing! My friend Brooke said that her ex-husband had asked her if I was single cause he knows a 33 year old farmer that's looking to settle down. (Yes, she told him I'm happily married!) I think it's sweet that he would even think about me. Shayla and I did have quite the dance party starting our walk out. We did 100 crunches, stretched and walked 3.41 miles. P.S Denise and Kim tell me on a regular basis how great I'm looking. I love them and I'm so very thankful for their encouragement.



Thursday after work I took my girls to go eat at Sonic, and ended up getting our whole meal for free because their debit card machine was down and they were giving all their card orders away. What a blessing. I took the girls to 3rd Thursday. It's an event held in downtown Joplin on--you guessed it--the 3rd Thursday of every month. They have all kinds of little bands set up. All kinds of booths with all kinds of things to do at them. Denise had her booth all set up! Paili and I wore our Denise Rohr shirts proudly! I asked Paili what her shirt said, she responded with "Denise Rohr for Treasurer." I asked what that meant and she said ,"She's trying to get into the treasurers office."  I asked her why and she said, "She wants to get treasure?" She is always cracking me up. She has been up to my office several times and she asked me which one Denise was, before I could reply she said, "Is she the one with the hair that let Sky sit on her desk?" Yup, that's the one! The one with the hair! Joplin has been doing them for a couple of years now but this was the first time I've gone. We stopped at the Art Feeds bus where Pai painted a couple of paint brushes. We saw some friends. I ran into Greg Powell (a guy that I went from 3rd grade until we graduated school together) and his family. I enjoyed seeing his little clone.
 We had a great time waking around downtown Joplin. When we got home I chatted with Amy for a few minutes and then went back to getting the stuff out of the suburban when Heather came over. I love that girl. I was still talking to her when Shayla texted she was ready-and I still had to get my girls ready for bed. Oops! Thankfully,  she was patient with me and we still got our walk on, 3.41 miles.


Friday was a crazy day. Busy busy busy at work. We were getting ready for work and Paili was stomping around-not angry, just stomping. I asked her why and she replied, I'm not stomping, my feet are just heavy. Oh child. She cracks me up. The most exciting thing happening is....
I'm taking Pai to Maranatha Bible Camp on Saturday!!! Maranatha is the camp I grew up at. I have so many memories there. I can't wait to share the experience with my girl. I love that camp. I couldn't sleep well at all. I was too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment