Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My oldest nephew comes over!

Skylar and Kyle Steven reading together.
Paili and Hannah the guinea pig.
Kyle enjoying the steak that Justin grilled for him.
Sky,Kyle and Paili

X-box concentration.
My oldest nephew, Kyle Steven. I love this kid. I'm obviosly wearing my Sunday best. (I wish I would have changed out of my painting shirt for this picture!)

Kyle came and spent the evening with us Sunday.  I do feel a little bad for him because from past posts you would have seen how Paili acts around him. In his face constantly. He takes it like a champion though. Sky played with him a little bit. Justin grilled a tasty dinner for us. Justin and Kyle played some x-box and got some good trash talk in. I'm so happy he chose to come and spend time with us. I enjoy every moment with him. He's so funny. I loved hearing him talk about the AirForce. I loved hearing him talk about girls. I am so blessed that God gave me this kid to be his Aunt. Kyle, you make me so proud. I love his random texts.
Fri, April 13th 2:52 pm. Happy greatest aunt day!!!! :) Love and miss you.
I can't believe he is 20 years old. He came into my life when he was 6 years old. I love the questions he asks me about when we first met. I love his smile. I love the bond we've always shared. I love that he NEVER has been embarassed to hug me in public. He told me Sunday randomly that it never ever crossed his mind that I wouldn't be his Aunt after his Mom and my brother divorced. It's a good thing, because it never crossed mine either. I would fight tooth and nail for any of my nephews and niece. These kids are so incredibly special to me. I am so blessed by them.  He's here for another week before he goes to San Antonio, Texas for 2 years so I doubt we'll get another chance this trip to have dinner but I'm overjoyed we got this one in. He's a busy boy with all of his buddies when he comes home.
I cancelled my walk for the evening because of his visit. It was so worth it. (Sorry Shay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment