Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Wednesday came bright and early for us. My girls spent the night with my parents because we didn't get everything all buttoned up and restocked at the stand until 3 am Tuesday. Home and showered it was after 4 before we got to bed. We were up and out of the house by 8 am. Stopped and got the banana blueberry oatmeal from McDonalds. I really liked it. I had no idea how much I liked blueberries before this year! James and Caden stopped by to hang out with us in the morning. Caden is such a miracle baby. He weighed 2 lbs 7 ozs when he was born at 28 weeks. We are so blessed that he is with us. I love this big boy. I was the first person besides his Momma and Daddy (and all the nurses) to hold him. Caden is now 7 and he is autistic. He is doing so well. I'm so impressed every time I see this kid by how much farther he has progressed.
He's got these awesome freckles on his beautiful little face. His Momma has freckles galore-he doesn't have that many...yet! He sat in my lap for about 15 seconds. I loved those 15 seconds!
Al is Erin's Dad. He's in the green shirt. He is so funny. I enjoy his presence every year at the firework stand. He is such a character.
There were so many people that stopped in to see us but we were so busy I did not get to take pictures of everyone. I thought it was hilarious when Trish-who I see nearly every week at church asked if I have lost weight. Funny only because I see her all the time. She texted me later and told me that I look great. Not that I wasn't beautiful before, because I was. And that she's proud of me. Thank you Trish. I appreciate your kind words more than you know. I got to see my friend, Bell and her gorgeous little one who is 2 months older than Sky. I'm arranging their marriage. I got to see Ronnie Jones, the Hoods, Robby Kelsey, Danny from SST, Sandra from SST, the biggest lesbian I've ever seen in my life, and lots of others. The biggest moment of the day for Justin was when a man who Justin was checking out asked for the military discount. If you've read any of my other posts, you know how sensitive my man is when it comes to our military. He told Justin a bit about himself, the tours he had been on. That he had gotten medically discharged because he had been wounded in Afghanistan. Justin was fighting back the tears and the soldier was very touched by Justins compassion. I was stocking when the soldier came up to me and asked me if I would give Justin something-I said sure and he handed me a coin. I had never seen a coin like it. It said on it his division-101st Screaming Eagles. And listed places they've toured. (I'm not sure if it was the division that had been all those places or just him) I waited until there was a lull and handed the coin to Justin. His response was every bit as beautiful as I knew it would be. I love his sensitive heart. I wish now that I had gotten a picture of Justin and the soldier. We don't even know his name. Justin also had a couple come through who are both serving, they are newlywed, and getting ready to deploy to different places. He lost it again and told them just to take the fireworks. He had another long conversation with a veteran that lost both of his legs. We love our military and all the sacrifices that they make. When you have so many examples of their bravery in one day, it really brings it home to you how much they sacrifice for us. A great big huge thank you to all of our military.I left the stand about 8:30 and went to go get my girls. I felt bad leaving them but I had to work the next day.
Paili and my Dad were outside making a new garden area. She was filthy and very happy. Sky was also delighted to see me. Man, I missed my girls. On our way home it was so magical as everyone was shooting off their fireworks. I love this season. We pulled into the schools parking lot for a few minutes and watched the show everyone was giving us. I gave Pai a bath, put them to bed and crashed.
P.S. Erin made me a size Large firework shirt. (Her choice-I said XL) and it FIT!! It fit fantastically. Woah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment