Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Granny.

Wednesday while I was at work Justin called to let me know that his Dads (Mike) girlfriends (Janie) daughters (Tanya) husband (Ronnie)had been killed in an accident at his home late Tuesday evening. My heart broke as Justin told me the story. I love that family. Janie has been so great to me and my girls. She has such a warm, giving, loving, fun, and strong spirit. I've really enjoyed getting to know her family. She has 3 sweet girls. Tanya, Stephanie and Kristin. I bonded very quickly with them and they made me feel from the very beginning like I belonged to their family and they were so happy that I was with them. Ronnie and Tanya have 2 children, Rebecca and RJ. Rebecca had been outside with Ronnie while he was working on a dump truck. He asked her to jump into the cab and turn the wheel, when she did, the truck rolled forward and crushed him. I was just so sad thinking about that poor family. His funeral is set for Monday. Please pray with me for this whole family. It's going to be a hard road in front of them.



My Mom took my girls, my niece, and my nephews to Kansas to see my Granny and Aunt.
Granny with the herd!
She's wearing Sky's hat.
I have always been very close to my Granny. She is an incredible, FUN, godly woman. Her mind has been taken by dementia. She doesn't know who anybody is anymore (most days) and I hate that. I used to call her several times a week on my way to work and chat with her about life. We used to hang out and talk for hours. She was one of my very best friends. Her love for Jesus is incredible. Her laughter is contagious. Her zest for life was unmatched. I could listen to her tell stories of her past forever. She was a great story teller and thankfully all of her kids got that gift. Both her daughters married son of a @#$% Republicans. She chased my Uncle around with a bat. She got a boat for Mothers Day once. She loved my Baba (her husband) with all that she had and never remarried after he died suddenly of a heart attack when I was 3. She was elected as Mayor of Bartlett (and she didn't even run!!). She has a tattoo of a mouse she'd show only the people closest to her. She once ran with a swingers crowd. To this day no one really knows what her name is. She grows all kinds of facial hair (thanks Granny for passing that down). She was terrified of the water because she almost drowned once. She always had Werthers Original candy and those little strawberry candies on hand. She loved to get up early DRINK HER COFFEE, pray for her family-one by one and do her Bible study. She loved to dance. She loved to sing. She loved to give you a hard time (runs in the family!). She loved to sit and play solitaire. She loved to play card games with us. She loved to read. She had NO qualms telling you exactly what she is thinking or feeling. If she felt like you were screwing something up in your life, she'd be the first to tell you. She would also be the first to praise you. I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should use past tense or present tense. Bear with me as I flip back and forth!  She's not gone but her mind is. She's not the same amazing lady she once was. When I was young I'd get SO excited when I saw my Mom put Diet Pepsi in the fridge because that meant my Grannie was coming. I always knew I was her favorite. Maybe we all did! She did have a way of making everyone feel special. She was loved by everyone that came in contact with her, even if the contact was very brief. I could go on and on about my Granny. I just recently had a conversation with an old friend who her father is in prison. She doesn't want to go see him because she doesn't want to remember him like that. It reminds me of this situation. I don't enjoy going to see my Granny, I don't get excited and pumped. It's more like I have to pump myself up for it. Remind myself that she did know me and adore me. But man, I miss her. And she's not even gone.
Fitness: None. I waited patiently for my girls to come home and skipped a workout thinking they'd be home any minute when really there was a miscommunication and ended up spending the night with my Mom and Dad. I was heartbroke not to see my girls but I know it was for the best because of how late it was. I did get some good cleaning done without helpers though!

No comments:

Post a Comment