Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Dad, the kitten rescuer.

Monday was super exciting! When I got off work and walked into my parents I heard kittens mewing. I didn't think much of it because there is always some kind of animal making some kind of noise around my parents. My brother was there dropping the boys off. It was great seeing him, even if it was for a very short time period! He and Jenny were getting ready to go to California for Jenny's sisters wedding. My family enjoyed teasing me about my shrinking butt. I love that they notice and tell me. And it wouldn't be my family if they didn't tease me while doing it. The kids (Jakob, Jack, Paili) went out to investigate later and found the kittens. My daughter came in bawling that they were stuck in a big tube. I laughed a little because my girl can be a bit over dramatic when it comes to animals. My Dad said if they were stuck where he thinks they are, its useless. They're 8 feet down. I went outside to appease the kids and stuck my hand down in the tube. I couldn't feel anything, so I asked one of the kids to go and get me a flashlight. When I peered down the hole, my heart sunk. Of course, my Dad was right. I could see 2 little kittens staring up at me...way...way...way far down. There was no way that anybody could reach down there. The kids and I started thinking of things we could do. Lee and I decided we'd call them all Jessica. (Remember the little girl that was stuck in the well in the 80's?) We went back inside to plead with my Dad to do something. He said, he'd been thinking and if he could get a small wire he would make a knot that when he gets a kitten to step into it/or just grabs one he can pull them up. It worked! My Dad ended up getting 5 kittens out of there. Woooooweeee---they STUNK!  Awesome job, Dad! So...who wants a kitten??  One more exciting thing... Paili started doing flips on the trampoline!
Kellie and Jack
Amy
Monday=yoga! Kellie came and joined us! I was so excited that she came! Amy is back from camp! Jack too! Shayla didn't make it. It was a great class. I love working out with these girls and my Dad! After class Kellie and I stood around and talked. I really enjoy talking to her. During class Aaron texted saying that the finale was really good! (from the firework show!) I knew that meant he had gotten the pictures and video back from when I accidentally reformatted the card. Thank you again Aaron!!

No comments:

Post a Comment