Friday, July 13, 2012

Possum, Snake, and 3 skunks=FUN!

My silly monkey, 2 paci's!


So funny!
Sunday was really great. I got up and made cinnamon rolls, took a shower, and got my girls and myself to church. We had the typical Sunday afternoon of  playing outside and cleaning. A nice little nap for SkyPie. Nice long bath for my girls. On my way to go walk with Shayla, I turned my flashlight on and noticed it was very dim. I saw something on the side of the road that looked kind of like a cat but a little different, I was on the opposite side of the road when I realized that it was a possum. Yuck! I kept going and told Shayla about the little friend on the road. We stretched, did crunches and hit the road. We stopped at my house so I could grap this head light thing that Justin has. I looked pretty hot, let me tell you! HA! We were walking and came across a snake. We had nothing to kill it with so Shayla went over to one of my neighbors who had apparently been having a good time. 2 men came down and both were drunker than cooter brown. One of them proceeded to take his flip flop off and kill the snake while the other one was telling him, no man, that's a good snake! We have no idea really if it was a good snake or a bad snake. (Unless you're my Mom and then it was a very good snake because the only good snake, is a dead snake!) We think it was a copper mouthed rattler. We then continued on our way. As we were running up to a light, I saw some movement under it and quickly grabbed Shay's arm and told her to stop running. She didn't understand why and was talking rather loudly when I told her...BE QUIET! Skunks! There was a momma snake and 2 babies. They were SO cute. However, I had no desire to be sprayed. Poor Shayla was scared to death but I told her as long as we didn't make any sudden movements, we were fine. We walked quickly and quietly past them. Then laughed hysterically at all of the wildlife we'd seen in one night. Then we came across a big black bear. Ok, that's not true. No bear. The run was 20 minutes-no walk breaks. WE DID IT!!! It was awesome. We did an incredible job. We could have kept going at the end. I was so proud of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment