Thursday, July 26, 2012

One crazy Thursday!

Thursday I left work early to take my little munchkin to her Dr for her 18 month check up. Yes, I know we're a month behind! (She's really 19 months!)My Mom took Paili and the boys to my Aunt's to swim for the afternoon. The Dr just loves Sky and he told me at her 1 year visit that she wouldn't like him at her next appt. Boy was he wrong! She is such a funny little girl. She's sure that everyone loves her and is dying to play with her. She's in the 98% in height, the 82% in weight. She had to get 1 shot, and she did great! Cried for less than a minute and then was back to her cheery self.
 I've started doing a lot of the grocery shopping (my choice) and I'm loving it. I feel so powerful searching for the best deals! We went to Food 4 Less, Aldi's, and Price Cutter. There was a bunch of old ladies out and about and they loved Sky. She was quick to smile and say "HI!" to everyone she saw. (No idea where she gets that! HA!) We enjoyed our time out and about together. I love spending time with both of my girls but I cherish the one on one time that I get with them. These moments go by so quickly and my girls are growing up way too fast. She was so good at all the stops we made. I layed her down for a quick nap when we got home. I got some cleaning done and put away all the groceries. When she got up we played and played. We watched The Fresh Beat Band. She is so funny when that show comes on, she loves it! Paili got home late from being in Kansas with my Mom so Justin put her to bed while I went on my run.
Shayla and I had our 22 minute run on the C25k schedule for the nightly run. We had just began our warm up-not even a block from where we started and we heard screaming and yelling coming from the yard of the house we had just passed. I heard a man screaming for someone to get the F out of his truck. (Over and over) I know now that the someone was a female. She apparently refused to get out of the f'n truck and decided it was a great evening for a quick drive up the street. This is the point that Shayla and I jumped into the ditch so we didn't get hit by the crazies. The man continued his screaming and cussing and jumped onto the hood of his truck, she gunned it and off they went down the street, almost hitting 2 cars on their way home. I always carry my cell on our runs so I called the police. While I was on the phone with them, they came back and somehow were alerted that I had called the police. The girl stood at the front door screaming that now some (insert your own random cuss words here) (ME!) was calling the cops. To go ahead and call them, make sure and tell them that he gave her a black eye. I did relay the message, by the way. The police got there pretty quickly and found the fighting couple. During the whole ordeal, the scaredy cat, Shayla, had left me and had gone on down the block to wait for me. She had struck up a conversation with an older man who owns a custom bike shop. We walk by his business all the time and we typically wave and say hey to one another. He asked Shayla what all of the craziness was about and as she began to tell him what she knew, he called the man who had been fighting by name. "Oh, you must be talking about Frank*. That Frank*, he's a good guy. That girl is just crazy." He asked me if I was the one who had called the police, I told him I had. He said, "well, they go on fighting like that, they sure can't blame someone who doesn't know them calling when they make such a scene. He's a good guy though." I told him what she had said about him hitting her to which he replied, "oh yeah, he hits her, she hits him. It just happens." How can someone by nonchalant about abuse. Whether she eggs it on and hits him too or not. It's just not right. I still feel I made the right decision by calling the police and I'd do it again if it happened tomorrow.  I would hope that if something crazy like that was happening to me that someone wouldn't just ignore it. I would hope that someone would pick up their phone and call the authority. Frank* has 6 children according to the old man. I hate hearing that there are children that have to put up with that kind of behavior. Yes, I know it happens all the time. But that doesn't make me hate it any less.
We ended up finishing our 22 minute run with no problems. The whole route we took was 3.41 miles. We only saw a couple of skunks on the road. :)
*Frank is not his real name.
P.S.  This is my 60th post! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment