Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Something I struggle with ALL the time...

The following Q&A is from a blog that I follow called Runs for Cookies. The bloggers name is Kate and she is amazing. She has lost 125 lbs and kept it off!


Q. When you were losing weight did the compliments ever embarrass you? Maybe its because I still have such a long way to go, or embarrassment that I let myself get so overweight, or even that, yes I've lost weight...but I could have tried harder or skipped a dessert and lost more? But the compliments don't motivate me, they just embarrass me.A. Definitely! I was still very overweight when people started complimenting me, and I was embarrassed about accepting a compliment. I realize now that it's because I had very low self-esteem, and I thought that as an obese person, I didn't deserve to be told that I was "pretty". Jerry even started calling me "Sticks" after I had lost 10 pounds--I was horribly embarrassed about that! hahaha
But when people give you compliments, it's not because they are forced to--accept the compliments graciously, because they really do mean what they say! You're worthy of compliments, even if you feel like you "could have lost more" or "tried harder". You're obviously making strides to improve your life, so that is definitely compliment-worthy!



This is Elise again...
I'm not embarrassed when I'm complimented-at all-but I do feel like I've got so much farther to go that you shouldn't be impressed yet. I love every single compliment that is thrown my way. I am thankful for the support system that I have around me-DAILY! I'm sure that I will say this all the time throughout this journey...THANK YOU. Thank you for taking the time to stop me in the middle of my sentence to talk about my shrinking gut, my pants that are hanging, my boobs that aren't filling out my shirt anymore, how much thinner my face is, and more. I love that you guys support me. I love that you guys are so proud of me. I love that you tell other people that I've lost another person (I haven't, really, but I love that you think that I have!). If none of you ever said anything or cheered me on, I'm sure that I would have thrown in the towel by now. I am blessed beyond measure to have you all beside me cheering me on. It brings me to tears to think about how much I am loved and supported.   I love my life.

P.S.  Did I say thank you? :)


Rachel Lampa-Blessed. I love this song. If you haven't heard it, listen!

Wednesday was Yoga. Shayla, Kellie and I worked our butts off!

No comments:

Post a Comment