Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Open House!

Thinking of a name for the fish. She chose Rita.
Checking out the class tent.
With her new 1st grade teacher, Ms. Gastel!
Big helper.

Monday for lunch my office went to Wings and More. I LOVE their wings. They've got the very best ranch wings. I didn't take any pictures while we were there. Penny, Ron's wife, joined us and so did Travis and one of his co-workers. The girls gave me gifts and Angie bought my lunch. Thank you ladies! 31 has been good to me thus far!


 Tonight was open house for Paili! I can't believe she's going into 1st grade. It really makes me incredibly sad but yet so proud of the little girl that she is. Justin had stayed home with the girls because he had a migraine so when I picked Paili up he offered to keep Sky with him. I agreed so I could focus on Paili. We walked into the building and found out her teacher would be Ms Gastel. I have heard nothing but great things about her teaching so I was excited to meet her. We were warmly welcomed by Ms Gastel and Paili got a sticker that said, Official 1st Grader! Woah! I'm not really ready for this, but ready or not, here we go! We got acquainted with the room. Ms Gastel has a class room fish that needed named so Paili thought for awhile then decided that Rita was it! While we were in the class Andrew, her best friend from last year, found us. They were so excited to see one another but so sad not to be in the same class this year. Good thing he's just across the hall. She is in the same class as a few kids from Christ's Church and some kids she was in class with last year and in preschool. Russell Ball, the counselor at her school and my choir director at church's little boy, Aaron is in her class. He congratulated me on my race, he's such a sweet man. Aimee Brumit's little girl, Bethany, is in her class too! We got a picture with the teacher because I figured that on the first day of school it would be too nuts to grab one. We left the classroom and ran into Kellie and Damon. Kellie wanted to check out Paili's classroom so we went down to show her. We also had to go see Paili's teacher last year, Mrs. Tracy. We will miss her and her very sweet spirit. She was very happy to see Pai. While we were in there several of her other classmates from last year popped in to see Mrs. Tracy too. Paili then wanted to go and see Mrs. Garrison, her preschool teacher, even though we see her at church nearly every Sunday. Funny girl. We had a great evening and we're excited for school to be starting again!

Fitness: Yoga. Kellie, Amy, and me. Led by my Dad. I don't think you're supposed to have as much fun doing Yoga as what we do. I'm so thankful for these girls and my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment