Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Spaghetti sauce from scratch!

Justin getting ready to put the tomatoes on the grill.

They smelled so good!

Perfect! It simmered all day long.
I had bought some tomatoes from my buddy Josh on Thursday and Saturday Justin started making the sauce! It smelled so good while he was making it. The finished product was absolutely delicious.
Starting the day with a work out.
One of the guineas hatched! So exciting!
Another one is working on it!
Prince Poppycock is so darn cute!
More guineas are on their way out!
A little view of the fun show we got to watch. I really felt like we should help him out. We didn't though.
My Mom had texted me early Saturday morning, before I went to bed, to tell me that a guinea had hatched. The Mom to these eggs had been killed by an animal so Dad took the eggs in and set up an incubation station. There were 25 or so eggs.  What fun to watch the whole process again. I hadn't seen the whole process since Mrs. Spille's class many, many, many years ago. She was such a fun teacher. She had even colored the chicks so they were different colors when they hatched. My Mom and Jakob came up with the name for the first chick...Prince Poppycock. So funny.

Skylar with her entourage.

Auntie Erin rocking my sweet girl. What a pair.

We played ERS.
We went to the Garmans for dinner. We had the pasta sauce Justin made. It was delicious!! Great dinner. Justin didn't feel like playing cards so Aaron, Erin and I played ERS. I hadn't played ERS since high school. We played all the time and loved it. A and E kept saying I was making up rules because I kept remembering rules while we played. For the record...I didn't make any up!! What fun, I can't wait to play again!

Fitness:Saturdays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment