Thursday, August 30, 2012

Yay for the Golubski family!!

Beautiful Mirella watering my flowers.
My flower picker.
Adrienne, Zasia, Mirella and Skylar.
Zasia and Chris
Zasia and Paili
Mirella and Paili
Playing hopscotch.
New friends getting acquainted.
Mirella and Sky sharing the car. Mirella had been sitting in the hood. So funny.
Chris and Mirella.
Chris drawing for Skylar.
Chris running with Skylar. (Both his feet are off the ground...so cool!!)
Chris riding bikes with Pai.
Love this girl.
The girls chasing Pai and Chris.
Mmmm...dinner!
Chris put a pony tail in Mirella's hair.
Eating dinner.
Friday I got half of my family out the door for work and school. I still had a few things to finish up before the Golubski family arrived. Justin started texting me around 9 in the morning just giddy with excitement. If you know Justin, you know he doesn't really get excited about much of anything. Chris and Justin became best buds in college. Chris left OCC and joined the Army. When Justin and I got married, Chris would have been his best man but Chris was unsure of if he would make it or not. Chris was stationed in Colorado at the time and he drove straight through. He got here in time for the wedding and then drove straight back to Colorado. That right there is a true friend. Chris went to St Louis Christian College and met the love of his life, Adrienne. He brought her home to meet us and we loved her. I had hoped and prayed that he would find someone incredible and she exceeded all my expectations. They got married in December just a couple of months after Paili was born. Justin was one of his groomsmen and we traveled to Illinois to be there for their big day. They've been living in Illinois where Chris had been the youth pastor there for the past several years. Adrienne taught school until she had Mirella and now she's a wonderful stay at home Momma. Currently,they live in St Louis and Chris is getting ready to start police academy. We hadn't seen Chris and Adrienne since they got married and they have had two beautiful girls since then. I couldn't wait to see them and love on their babies. I had gone to get Paili from school when they got here. Mirella is 2 and reminds me a lot of Paili when she was that age. She is incredibly smart and talks non stop. She is so sweet. Chris and Adrienne are doing a great job with her. Well, lets face it, it's really all Adrienne. Zasia is 4 months and is such a good baby. The girls all played really well together. (Let's pretend that Skylar is good at sharing.) Skylar is the baby of all the kids we are with all of the time. Therefore, she is never made to share. I learned that we need to work on that. Yikes. Adrienne and I played outside with the girls while Justin cooked dinner. Chris just bounced back and forth between both scenes. Paili played hopscotch with Adrienne. Hilarious to watch the 2 little girls "helping" by picking up the rocks that the girls would throw to figure out where to hopscotch to. Chris ran the little girls up and down the road in the little car. He also rode bikes with Paili. She loved that. We came in and fed the girls and I ran to my parents to grab our other pack and play and our air mattress. We put the girls to bed and we got to eat dinner. It was so good. Justin made some stuffed zucchini (my suggestion) that were amazing. I can't wait to have that again! We stayed up way too late talking but it was worth it!

Fitness: Adrienne and I were going to go on a run but it never happened. There's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment